It is a best tool because:
- It can create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- It can create Live Disk of linux OS for a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- It Can flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- Created bootable flash drive has more speed than typical optical disk used for Installing OS.
- It is very small in size, It is portable.
Though it is small size software, Rufus has all features you need for creating bootable Drive.
How to Use? :
- Open Downloaded Rufus Executable exe.
- Insert empty Flash drive/pen drive into Usb port
- Click on SELECT button in RUFUS, and choose your stored Bootable ISO file from desired location.
- Then select Partition Scheme-
- Select MBR option if PC/Laptop has MBR partition type on which you want to Install OS.
- Select GPT option if PC/Laptop has UEFI partition type on which you want to Install OS.
- Then in File system select “NTFS” option.
- Now click on START button.( if you ISO is not bootable, then you will not see START button enabled, then Select another ISO).
- Wait for completion of STATUS bar. When it done you can close RUFUS utility. Remove your flash drive/Pen drive
- Now you have Bootable Pen drive, it can be used for OS installation on targeted PC/Laptop.
You can Download Older Versions from this link:
Rufus is a utility that helps to create bootable USB drive, pendrives. You can create Windows XP, Windows 7,8, 10, Linux bootable Installation Drive.
Rufus Download Link: